AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

olives
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/21/2020 16:16 (#7990507 - in reply to #7990467)
Subject: salt

Pittsburg, Kansas
In one of DiNickelantonio's video interviews, (or probably several of them) he shows some results from some trials where there is kind of a sweet spot (so to speak) on the amount of salt intake for the average person (based on all cause mortality). But the really interesting thing was, too little salt showed to have higher all cause mortality than any amount that was too much. In other words, if you err, err towards too much rather than too little. His book has all the research backing what he has to say. Plus he is a researcher himself.

There is a small percentage of the population that is actually sensative to salt and need to watch their intake. Or people with severe kidney problems it might be problematic. But for most people, if they take in too much salt, they simply pee it out. The body regulates the salt very closely.

I can't remember what the guidelines are, but they are about half or a third of what most people would be at to optimize their salt intake.

I know a lot will not beleive that. I encourage them to do their own due dilligence. I never want anyone to change their habits or diet because of what I say. But I do hope they will do their own due dilligence on the subject and I hope that by exposing information that they might not have otherwise seen, they are able to improve their health.

John

Edited by John Burns 1/21/2020 16:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)