AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Home balancing a IH combine rotor. ..1480
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 7/25/2009 13:11 (#787690)
Subject: Home balancing a IH combine rotor. ..1480

just a tish NE of central ND
Enlighten me a bit about home balanceing a older IH combine rotor.Ever since I have gotten the "new to me" machine, its rotor isnt too fond of high RPM's as it vibrates more than it should. Bars are pretty fair condition yet, Ive cleaned them free of derbis more than once there are no pinholes in the rotor that I can see.I can hear no dirt droping inside of the rotor, but here is a very slight ding in the rotor diameter near the middle of the con shape. Ive been told to weld on metal on the light side to make it balance.
#1.Wouldnt it be just smarter to weight the rotor on the light side by bolting metal and washers under the rub bars?yOu can easily change them if it isnt quite right that way. I can turn it (rotor) heavy side up and it takes 5- 15,seconds depending on the day, for it to get turned to heavy side down again. It alwways stops within a 90 degree area.
#2How about how far back on the rotor to put weight? Cant the back half be out of balance and notthe front?
Can I really get this thing balanced good enough in the machine so I dont have to haul it somewhere? it is a awfull large diameter, a few ounces would really throw it way off of make it better.
Any tips anyone?
TIA !
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)