AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Back to 4440 cast center wheels............
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Robert W Greif
Posted 7/25/2009 05:33 (#787351 - in reply to #787303)
Subject: Grotto

Dallas Center IA 515-720-2463
Where Mr Morgan gets the idea that Robert W Greif cannot remember the name of the Grotto = Well I don't know.

The first time Dave saw it was his first trip to Iowa, Mother's Day weekend of 1999.
Terry drove first up to Granto's, then almost to Hudson Bay to get a pair of cultivators for maybe a MM tractor.
Here it is late Saturday, we have just crossed the Minnesota/Iowa line and Terry really wants to get back to Kentucky for Sunday School and church the next morning.
We are on the road past Granto's, highway 15. I know The Grotto is down the road and Terry and Dave just have to see it.
I tell them that I can't explain it, you just need to see it.
Really did not want to tell how the young Father Doberstein was dying and would build a grotto if he lived.
The young father ended up in West Bend Iowa, about as 'Flat and Black' as any place on earth. He spends the rest of his life at that church and building the Grotto. And mostly by hand and with no help.

2006 and Illinois John is coming to Iowa to go to the Clay County Fair, Mr Morgan is along as head of navigation. At the time I though Mr John was a good Catholic, he really needs to see the grotto.
John and Dave got a better look at the Grotto in 2006 than Terry and Dave did in 1999.
All of them said that I was right - You just cannot explain it.

And be glad to have a visitor from Siouxland. We can talk about how much better John deeres are than Olivers or Whites.

(MVC-002S.JPG)

(MVC-003S.JPG)

(MVC-008S.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments MVC-002S.JPG (77KB - 59 downloads)
Attachments MVC-003S.JPG (73KB - 45 downloads)
Attachments MVC-008S.JPG (57KB - 52 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)