AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help needed with EZ-Guide 500 and Green Star 1
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

meyer
Posted 7/1/2009 23:25 (#762994 - in reply to #762323)
Subject: Re: Help needed with EZ-Guide 500 and Green Star 1

Bluffton, Ohio
blacksox - 7/1/2009 10:20

Maybe you have already done this but you will need to get the Yield Mapping data from John Deere added to the GS1 if you have not previously done the mapping. I hadn't seen it mentioned up to this point.

I did the same thing with our 9550 combine last year. Everything worked but I wouldn't get 3Diff (i think is how Deere lets user know they have differentiated GPS. I finally called our AMS guy and he said he had to get me different software for the GS1. As far as the NMEA and baud I had GGA, GSA, and RMC ouputting at 1 hz with a baud of 9600 8-n-1. It worked just fine for our combine......after the GS1 SW update.

At the mobile processor connector (x551), there are no wires available for hooking up to a brand X
receiver. From the receiver manufactures wiring diagram, determine which wires from the receiver are
the signal transmit and signal ground. Locate pin F on the mobile processor. Pin F is RS232 RX. Add
wires of your own to connect receiver TX to pin F. Signal ground should be hooked up through pin C.

After hooking up a John Deere receiver and not getting and data to GS1. I called John Deere dealer today and he came out and after some checking he found what blacksox said had to install yield mapping. So to anyone else that tries this. Do what the above post said and use a Null Modem Cable to connect the GS1 to the Ez Guide. I used an AG Leader 2000998 to splice into the GS1. Blacksox wish I could have talked to you before I worked at this for some time.

Thanks for all the help

Edited by meyer 7/1/2009 23:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)