AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2018 S96 Gleaner
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

W Tex Cottonstripper
Posted 7/28/2018 13:10 (#6897665 - in reply to #6897071)
Subject: RE: 2018 S96 Gleaner

I have several reasons to switch. Both GLEANER ADVANTAGES and strong factory and dealer support. My dealer is Livingston Machinery; they are known for their strong service and support. My closest Livingston Dealership is located 70 miles in Muleshoe, Tx, from my farm headquarters. However, my salesman and one of their best mechanics lives with 5 miles of me. They take immediate care of me; both in service and parts delivery.

GLEANER ADVANTAGES

1. GLEANERS 2 distribution augers and accelerator rollers that level the crop onto the sieve. All longitudinal rotors have the problem ( both Case and Deere ) of uneven crop flow going onto the sieves. I put 2 blanks in the Case concaves to force harvested crop to the other side. Still never solved the problem of unequal crop distribution onto the sieves. Do a hard kill and You never see an even flow of material onto the sieves with Case and Deere. Very frustrating. A big speed killer. The accelerator rolls also equalize the crop to the sieves on terraces or sloping ground without having to have leveling adjustments on Case and Deere. Much simpler on GLEANERS.

2. GLEANERS natural flow from the feeder house into the horizontal rotor; for more even and gentle flow into the rotor.

3. GLEANERS consume 20-30% less fuel than Case and Deere for 2 reasons. A. more efficient harvest due to direct drive belts and simplified unloading system that requires less horsepower than combines with longitudinal rotors. B. 8000-10,000 less weight than Case and Deere ; which means less DEAD WEIGHT pulling thru the field that consumes much fuel and horsepower.

4. GLEANERS CONCAVES are stainless steel coated from the factory superior wear and longevity. You do not have to change concaves from big or small wire , etc.
A big GLEANER advantage. GLEANERS ARE MUCH EASIER TO LIVE WITH.

5. GLEANERS are much easier to work on and are much more farmer friendly. Entire rotor can be removed in less than 1 hour for any rotor repairs. Big advantage.

6. GLEANER CAB IS super nice and larger than older models. Combine performance monitor is common to the rest of the AGCO fleet of tractors and Rogator spray rigs. Makes very user friendly for my employees.

7. GLEANER has a mobile service fleet that carries every part of a Gleaner on 2 semi-trucks. Great factory support.

Dale
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)