AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

browser alternatives??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 4/16/2009 10:09 (#682375 - in reply to #682363)
Subject: Re: browser alternatives??

Windows has a registry. This registry is affected every time someone installs or removes a program. Sometimes the programs that are installed or removed do not do a good job of taking care of the registry. The registry is important to the basic operation of the computer. If you have had this computer for several years and have had multiple people using it and multiple people installing and removing programs or even if it's only been you doing it, and even if you are careful and don't go to places on the internet that you shouldn't go your computer will still, over time, become less and less responsive. This is essentially because the registry, slowly but surely deteriorates.

Generally speaking the best way to keep your computer running smoothly for an extended period of time is to install only the bare minimum of software. Don't install yahoo toolbars and whatever the latest gizmo is unless you really need it and are going to use it on a regular basis. Definitely avoid installing a whole bunch of programs to compare them against each other and then uninstalling the ones that you don't like.

The long and the short of it is, that unless you really know what you're doing with Windows, the easiest thing to regain performance when you notice it suffering is to re-install Windows, meaning you save all your data, reformat the hard drive, reinstall Windows, all the drivers, and all the software, and then put your data back on the computer.

I'm assuming you probably don't want to go through the hassle so if I were you I'd just go download firefox, see if it's better, and if you computer eventually gets unbearably slow, back up all your data and then take it to someone to fix it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)