AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

wifi farm update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chip
Posted 4/14/2009 11:57 (#680013 - in reply to #677817)
Subject: Tranzeo

I haven't really looked more into changing technology since setting up our stuff nearly three years ago. I tried other brands and was dissappointed. I know there are others than Tranzeo that work well, but I'm with Tranzeo because that is the first one that worked solid for me.

I'm running links from 200 feet to about 13 miles. I'm running the TR 5 series in the 5 ghz range, they offer bonding of channels which shows a 108 Mg link, but actual throughput is about 45Mg, in other words, it feels like a wired network.

http://www.tranzeo.com/products/radios/TR-5a-Series

Last I checked, the 2.4 Ghz radios (the 6000 series) had a slower throughput and shorter distances, but with the "G" range, maybe that has changed. I'm running a few TR-6 series (I don't know the models to know how they compare to the 6000 series, maybe the 6000 series also do "G" ?)

The panels are pretty simple to setup.... basic network knowledge is required to setup IP addresses. It is pretty much like setting up a wireless network using a small consumer AP from Wal-Mart.

It is expensive, but worth every penny. Rock solid, fast, and long range. Weather proof right out of the box. The last few years there has been some discussion on it, search for Tranzeo in this forum.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)