AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight, Implement Switch, & Multiple Modules
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/8/2009 06:49 (#673233 - in reply to #673035)
Subject: Re: Insight, Implement Switch, & Multiple Modules

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
ccfarmer - 4/7/2009 22:16

Don,

I've actually put leads on both the wires so I have two wires going to each module, both the red & black wire are "Y"ed. Now you got me thinking, should I just be coming off the black wire (return voltage) and extending that onto the "B" terminal on the app rate module and don't run the red wire at all to the app rate?? Hmm I know there's voltage coming out of both modules on that A terminal.

I have exactly (almost) setup on my own planter). For the fertilizer monitoring via the App Rate module I don't think that you even need an implement switch connection. The fertilizing logging/mapping etc will be based on flow information. Thus it will start/stop as you wish.

The implement switch connection to the planting side is needed. With one or more Seed modules, only one needs the implement switch connection. This is needed to Start/Stop certain modules and always is needed to start/stop the variety logging.

When an implement switch or switches are needed to go to multiple modules (lots of combinations here), I used to use a diode as you first suggested in the Pin A (12V out) from each module. This allows each switch or switches to receive 12V. The output from the switch or switches returns back to Pin B to each module.

Lately I have been using a technique that is utterly simple. Feed the switch(es) from Pin A of only one of the modules and run the return from the switch or switches to each Pin B of the various modules.

This is how my Clutch Control module and App rate module are wired at the moment. Power from Pin A of the CCM goes to my two Deere button switches and also to my manual overide switch. Thus all switches have power. The wires coming back from these switches are tied together and go to Pin B of both the CCM and the ARM. There is only one wire involved with the ARM, the other two holes are unused. If any one of my three switches completes the circuit - both modules get the message.

I installed the manual override switch my 1760 so that I can turn the drive wheel by hand to prime the seed meters. With the planter up, the CCM will disengage all my seed meters so that this hand priming which I've done for years would not be possible.

Again the bottom line with implement switches - with various seed modules only one needs an implement switch. Application modules need the implement switch connection (with the possible exception of the ARM as we are using it).

I'm puzzled why the Green LED would stay On. The backfeeding that you are doing must be preventing the relay from deenergizing when the system is shutdown. The idea of the relay is that when you power up the Insight, the relay gets activated and powers the CAN bus. This is apparently staying ON. I would just snip the Pin A wire from the ARM to your implement switch(es).

Edited by tedbear 4/8/2009 06:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)