AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight, Implement Switch, & Multiple Modules
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ccfarmer
Posted 4/7/2009 19:40 (#672678)
Subject: Insight, Implement Switch, & Multiple Modules

Creighton, NE
I'm setting up an Insight with a clutch module, stepper module and an app rate module. Last year I used this same setup without the app rate module and everything worked great. I had the implement switch hooked up to the stepper and the clutch module had a jumper in it.

Now I have added the app rate to log starter fert and just split off the original implement switch wire to go to the app rate module and the stepper module. The problem now is when I power the monitor down the display shuts off but the modules stay on ( green lights stay blinking). I have discovered that if I unplug one of the weatherpaks for the implement switch going to either module, then the modules will power down.

After spending 30 min on the phone with AL tech support they tell me that the implement switch wire that I put a Y in must be bad. I've checked the cable several times with an ohm meter and I don't see any problems with my splice job, both A terminals are red and B terminals are black on the weathpaks.

I checked the pin outs on both modules and the tech said they are both correct for the implement switch wires. My question is, when going to two modules with one whisker switch does there need to be a diode installed somewhere to make this work. It seems like power is back feeding somehow and not letting the modules power down until you un-hook one of the feeds from the implement switch. Once the modules power down you can plug the connector back in and everything stays off.

Thanks for any ideas on this,
Dave

(1770nt 002 (Small).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1770nt 002 (Small).jpg (66KB - 95 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)