AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Red Wing CenterPoint from AgChek
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

JonND
Posted 4/3/2009 07:19 (#667201 - in reply to #666141)
Subject: Re: Red Wing CenterPoint from AgChek

EC North Dakota
I tried the conversion from Agchek to Center Point to start 2008 records. Started in Nov 2007 with the program as the cost to update did not seem too bad and I thought they were going to discontinue Agchek support, which may happen in time. Did not realize this conversion was going to cost me a new computer as old one did not have fast enough processor or enough RAM to handle the program. Finally got that answer from someone in support who sent me the specs on what system was min to run.

After three long months of converting old data and trying to figure out how the two compare I called support and asked that my support package be put back on Agchek. I may be getting too old to adapt but I do feel that for me Agchek is adequate. I do see the benefits of CenterPoint but did not feel the effort to relearn the system was of any benefit to me. Credit Red Wing the did not argue with me and have still supported Agchek with no problems.

I wish they would write and instruction manual from a users point not the programers or accountants point of view. I spent 1 month deciphering Agchek flow before I became comfortable with it, I had 5 pages of self explanations to see how it flowed from accounts into the Crop and Livestock portion to get the reports I wanted.

Can't directly answer your question on if the move is worth while as my and I repeat my decision was not to convert.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)