AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New AGCO Answers Customer Service Help Center
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 3/17/2009 21:53 (#647811 - in reply to #647593)
Subject: RE: New AGCO Answers Customer Service Help Center

West Union, Illinois

Jim Beam - I will get jumped on for this
OK, I'll jump on you then.  My first response is if you were really trying to be helpful you would have emailed direct instead of posting it on here.  To be honest, however, his email address is a bit difficult to find.  It is not in his user profile and when you go to the website you have to click on the dealership name at the bottom of the page to get it to come up.  So I'll give you pass on that one and not jump too hard.

As for the choice of words ... it is interesting.  It makes you wonder what they were trying to emphasize?  But if there were spelling errors I missed them.  And I make enough of my own I would hate to make a very big stink about it.

Someone was giving him a hard time for posting this on Ag Talk ... there is a very fine line between being helpful and being self-promoting.  Using Jim@Dawn as an example, Jim does a pretty good job of walking it. There is no doubt who he is or what his product is.  But it is not a blatant "Look at me.  Buy my product"  He answers questions fairly and when we try and pull him over the line he quickly and quietly asks us to contact him directly

Over the years there are many who have walked this line.  Denny Bell, the former Monsanto Jim,  Ed Winkle ... well Ed may be pushing it Innocent ... even me.  I worked for several years for a propane company with customers on here.  I've tried to keep the company name out of it.

I would vote for this post being on the acceptable side.  Not only is it potentially helpful to any Agco customers, it is potentially embarassing to the dealer who posted it.  He has essentially put out in front of everyone that if a customer has a problem with him, here is how to bring fire and brimstone down on his head.

It's actually kind of gutsy when you think about it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)