AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Would this be a useful agronomy service for you?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

GOOSEPILOT
Posted 12/14/2017 22:50 (#6430054 - in reply to #6426551)
Subject: RE: Would this be a useful agronomy service for you?

WC Mn/Dakotas
I do soil sampling behind the combine. I hire a guy that all he does is interpret soil results and write very precise roi recs. Then i use his numbers and make the rx and help get them into the applicators and help get vrt equipment setup correctly. I would not have time to farm. Thats a big part of the draw for my growers, im taking some workload off their plate at planting and harvest. If i dropped the sampling and had everything and everyone very well organized prior to planting and harvest, it probably wont be too bad very often to farm as well.

On the free rx subject, all i can say is "there aint no free lunch" and you get what you pay for. I have had growers say that seed salesmen, equipment salesmen, and some big consultant companies have tried to get their business, but they cant make a map near as accurate as my maps. My maps are not cheap, but they work very well. Im not worried about these other services. I actually like them. They spend alot of money advertising and getting people to get started in vrt. Then when those people realize the time commitment or the limitations of these other services, they come to me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)