AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Printer shopping
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chris
Posted 3/13/2009 09:41 (#642893 - in reply to #642168)
Subject: Just the service alone makes the Canon a winner

East central Iowa

I've had Epson, HP, Star Micronics and Canon printers.  I've grown to intensely dislike HP for their crummy support and little ink cartridges.  The last 2 HP printers died far too soon.  With my Canon I put a 3X5 card in and print an address or some other piece of info for somebody and it works.  The HP would grab the 3X5 and jam.  My MP610 has 2 areas for paper, I leave envelopes in the bottom.  It also automatically duplexes and does so efficiently.  

It has 5 cartridges and from past experience I know that some cartridges run out long before others.

The tech support on Canon is the best.  They get back to you via email in about 2 hours and they have actually given me some parts on an out of warranty scanner.  When I zapped my printer with static electricity they gave me step by step instructions on how to repair the problem and if it didn't work told me what part I'd need and how much it would cost.

In contrast HP just said, after a couple of days to find a service center and take it there.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)