AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I can't be the only one.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

bert58
Posted 12/7/2017 19:39 (#6413369 - in reply to #6412578)
Subject: RE: I can't be the only one.

east central Ontario
You nailed it with the 'looking out for my family" statement. I understand that they are in a business, but they need to understand that I am as well! I don't 'recreational farm'. This year we cut out two of our suppliers from our own 'on farm planting plots'. and bundled the acres to go after more 'volume discount', rather than buying 15% from A, 20% from B and so forth. Pissed a few guys off to be honest. But we aren't farming with 2012 crop prices and the seed companies haven't seemed to realize that. I know that there is a ton of research involved with developing new hybrids but hey, that is a 'them' problem. I am growing hybrid X because it fits best in my plans. Sell me what I want at the best price or I'll source from door #2. If they get pissy and don't get back to you, they weren't worth your $'s. I've told many of them 'today is not a good day for me, If you come back tmrw or txt and we'll set up a date', many a time. If they don't leave respectfully or contact me within the next couple days for an appointment, they've cut their own throat.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)