AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mac laptops
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

rodrod5
Posted 2/27/2009 11:02 (#624919 - in reply to #624884)
Subject: Re: Mac laptops

Lubbock, Texas
all computers PC or MAC can have issues with a virus.....having said that if you don't have or have not had any or very many issues with a virus on a PC I would see no reason in the future you would have more issues with a PC....MACs have less virus issues mainly because they are used less frequently and because many of the countries full of losers that write viruses like china, Russia and other eastern block countries (and even in the USA as well) have fewer MACs as well so the people writing a virus are often doing so on a PC and are doing so in a country full of PCs and targeting the many more users on a PC so they go for the most bang for the "buck"......with increased use of MACs some say there are increased frequencies of MAC viruses and the same can be said for the UNIX (Linux) operating systems as well....but MACs generally do have fewer virus issues for all the above reasons....this does NOT mean you can be care free and ignore the issue on a MAC

yes MAC is MS office compatible there is a specific version of office just for MACs

the pros is they are very good for graphics....they are pretty easy to use once you get used to a few things like no right click mouse button.....there is less virus issue and it is harder to totally trash the operating system on a MAC

cons......it is harder to do some things on a MAC at first and it takes getting used to what it takes to use windows applications for a MAC (though that is easier all the time) and if you like to do custom things to a computer or add internal hardware ect it is pretty much impossible on a MAC.....almost every piece of additional hardware for a MAC will be firewire or USB which is not bad at all per say, but it can limit the use of some older things like a printer with a serial cable only and most other things you might want to upgrade or replace like a keyboard or mouse will probably be wireless which again is cool....but they are more expensive to replace

if you have a bunch of old stuff like a printer ect you will want to use with the MAC you should first check to see if it has a USB plug and that MAC or the maker of the product has drivers for a MAC....you will always need to remember when you purchase something like a printer or a scanner that you have a MAC

I have always used PCs for personal use for a number of reasons....I have used MACs often at school and done support for MAC users as well....I like MACs just fine and think they are great for people that just want a computer that is easy to use and they don't add hard drives or other internal components to their PC or do programming or a lot of complex business applications

if I had endless cash I would have a MAC or two for sure

as far as new or refurb.....that is really personal preference I believe you will get the same warranty and tech support and you will save a good amount of cash so if you don't mind refurb I see no issue with it.....hell it has been checked over at least two times as a refurb

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)