AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ever have a lien placed against you???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mark (EC,IN)
Posted 2/26/2009 06:43 (#623354 - in reply to #622873)
Subject: RE: Ever have a lien placed against you???

Schlegel Farms, Hagerstown Indiana
Depends on what state you are in. In most states you have 60 days to lien. In the future, I would suggest you get a Release (that states all bills/labor/materials etc incorporated into the job have been paid for etc. etc.--some States do not recognize a Release, so again, depends on your State. Unfortunately with Ready-mix concrete, they can prove the materials were incorporated into your job as they usually have the delivery location. I would talk to the Contractor and the Concrete Supplier. If pass your days, you are not liable but you would be letting the Contractor know that you know and the Concrete Supplier himself should report the Contractor to the BBB (so this doesn't happen to others). I have a feeling you are OK and the length of time that has passed is too long, unfortunately, you will need to forego a lawyer to send a response/represent you in the matter as it won't just go away.

One more thing, do not let the Contractor back on site (your house) as he may try to perform labor (say he is checking the work) and that will open the lien date to that date and you may be screwed.

.............................Mrs. Mark ECIN.

My wife files these liens for a road paving company.....Mark

Edited by Mark (EC,IN) 2/26/2009 06:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)