AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dealer phoned, come nov. my sf2 on itc globe not transferable
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KevinM
Posted 9/2/2017 20:07 (#6225307 - in reply to #6225267)
Subject: RE: Dealer phoned, come nov. my sf2 on itc globe not transferable

SE IL
PLO NW MN - 9/2/2017 19:44

Yes it's true and it's widely seen as a money grabbing move to make customers upgrade with no other reason or benefit given.

A few years back Deere switched accuracy activations from the screen to the globe. Not sure what the value is of your sf2 unlock on the screen. Question for your dealer or a ams tech.

Mounts can be updated on tractors or I think the old shroud can be used on a sf3000 but I do like the new square base rather then two hooks.

No one is "forcing" anyone to upgrade. He can stay with what he has and it will continue to operate. But, if he wants to update hardware down the road he will have to buy a new activation for the display and receiver. He will still be able to use the old equipment or can sell it with the activations. Neither Microsoft nor Apple supports their OS indefinitely and this is no diff. The 3000 receiver is definitely worth the price of the upgrade IMHO. If you watch the classifieds you can pick this stuff up pretty reasonably and then sell your old equip. My 2c.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)