AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Two way radios
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

Mike SE IL
Posted 6/5/2017 06:03 (#6055019 - in reply to #6053823)
Subject: RE: Two way radios

West Union, Illinois

We've had 2 way radios of some kind since the mid 1960's.  From tube type crystal controlled CB's to VHF narrowband hand held's. Over the years  three of us (brother, Mom, and I) have gotten amateur radio licenses.  I'm telling you all that to establish credibility.  When I tell you something it is usually based on experience.  All that experience has taught me this:

Find a good local dealer.

Why? Because you don't have the experience or knowledge to do it on your own starting out.  Good and local are both getting more difficult.  If mine closed the doors I don't know where I'd go.  It is fairly simple, but there are some things needing equipment and knowledge.  And since the narrow band mandate there's a lot of old stuff out there still usable but not legal.  Most people can get by with a VHF simplex system and cell phones for longer distance talking.  That may not be what you need after discussing your use.

I've gotta run.  If I can be more help let me know.  We should be mostly done planting today so I'l have more time to talk.

Here's a thread from 2012 that may help a little ... or maybe just confuse it more. 

Edited by Mike SE IL 6/5/2017 06:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)