AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spray tips
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Z.A.Enterprises
Posted 4/23/2017 12:23 (#5978192 - in reply to #5977722)
Subject: RE: Spray tips

Sw Ontario
kswrenchturner05 - 4/23/2017 08:15

I don't mean to be a jerk, but maybe you need to hire your spraying done. If you cannot look at a chart and find the tip you need for speed you are driving then that I s a problem. Please please please do not spray over 12mph.liberty is a contact herbicide and you need the best coverage you can get. The rate controller absolutely does not control pressure. It controls flow through a flow meter with a servo and pressure goes up or down according to speed and tip size. The reason we have herbicide resistance is because of poor practices. Someday the EPA is not going to let just anyone own a sprayer.

I totally agree with this.

Please mr Soybean, reconsider having your spraying done.
A person that can't find a certain nozzle for certain applications on nozzle charts and doesn't need a pressure gauge and doesn't understand what a rate controller actually does and his only concern is that the tank is empty when at the end of a field, should NOT operate a sprayer, period because this person has no clue about what he is doing.
There are so many thing that come in to play to apply pesticides in a proper way so to have the best results and the least risk to crop and or neighboring objects. As as posted before, part of the herbicide and fungicide and insecticide resistance is due to poor application, man and/or machine.
I'm sorry to be so harsh but that's the way it is.

There is a good reason for us as a custom sprayer that we bought a $500.000 machine 2 years ago: to put pesticides at the right place at the right rate in the right way to get our customers the most benefit of the application.
I am a 100 % sure that if the Canadian or US government should ever introduce a mandatory sprayer certification system in place, as like in European countries, 85+% of the sprayers would fail because of very poor maintenance
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)