AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

48' Shivvers drying bin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ltct04
Posted 12/19/2016 22:10 (#5710622 - in reply to #5710222)
Subject: RE: 48' Shivvers drying bin

east central iowa
As far as electric goes i suppose it depends on what you transfer with a blower system can use alot of juice also. I have my electrical figured in to my drying cost. I wonder if you dont have enough vents ive never have corn float out and ive dried some pretty light weight organic corn before. Put mine up in 2010 and have never cleaned under floor. I do have a couple access panels on bin i remove with fans on and it blows out some bees wings. There is not enough under the floor to even worry about but i used the floor that came from the dealer with the shivvers. I only clean the bin out once a year when i empty it. Yes its loud so are all my other bins running in a row. May i ask how old the system is your running and how many vents. I am a 36 foot bin with 4 fans and i believe i have 12 vents on the roof. Ive never had a problem moving 17 percent corn i usually run some wetter corn into cooling bin for a ring or so since the bottom always gets over dry. Seems like most guys not liking them are running an older one or a smaller bin so i am more or less just curious. Maybe ive just been lucky so far. Either way i couldnt have afforded a dryer, wet bin and transfer system at the time and if doing it over would probably do the shivvers again. I am not doubting any of your issues but would hate for everyone to think they are all like that but yes there is a little learning curve like anything else when you first get one and in some cases a cf may be nicer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)