AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sugar Beets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Badger
Posted 12/30/2008 08:56 (#551009 - in reply to #550970)
Subject: Re: Sugar Beets

Huntley Montana
Maybe they don't want the knife in the back like I got at Casper. I'm sure that a few board members would try to lease thier ground out from under them if they knewfor sure . The information age is going to slow down a lot of "antics" by Companys that try to "divide & concur". Western Sugar would like everyone to belive that " your the only one with a problem" They don't want the growers with problems to be able to get together & be able to finance a viable defense against the COOP. They want to be able to BULLY each grower with thier high priced attorney's on a case by case basis. There like the goverment, they've got all of the Stockholders money to fight you. I don't think members should be allowed to jump in & out. But there needs to be a way out. I OFFERED at the ANNUAL MEETING to LEAVE everything they had of my corp behind because I have lost faith that the COOP is headed in the right way. I placed a OFFER of between $500,000 to a $1,000,000 on the table to get out. ( $225,000& unit retains, $100,000& Dividends, $100,000& in unpaid Beet checks, & whatever the 1100 shares of stock would be worth. On what we paid for the CO, they should have a salvage value of $600-700 a share) The Western Sugar COOP is $pending $100,000 of the growers money on a PR campain trying to "put lipstick on a pig" . They refuse to allow anyone out of the slave ship, because they are afraid that the rest will leave also. IF the COOP is such a good deal, get rid of the "Trouble Makers" that are willing to leave their Stock, unit retains, & unpaid Dividends behind. Quit trying to MINE the retiree's & widow's life savings. IF I'd known when this COOP was getting started how they were going to treat the stockholders with problems, I'd never wasted my money. The Problem is that the CEO is on a power trip & is controlling the board. He's not concerned with the long term, just his term. The board has drank his KOOLAID & SANG his SONG too long.  The stockholders should only allow 2 terms to any board member.   I admit I drank the KOOLAID & sang the COOP's song longer than I should have. BUT befor 2007 there was NO PENALTY on owning shares other than the payment on those shares.

Edited by Badger 12/30/2008 09:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)