AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thoughts on crop land values
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Justin ArkMo
Posted 7/21/2016 22:19 (#5424612 - in reply to #5424575)
Subject: RE: Thoughts on crop land values

The Delta
I have comps of recent sales at 4400, from 2013, within 3 miles. They arent bad farms, im not looking to buy unless its a deal. I hope with scraper and excavator work, i can get appraisals back in the 3750 range. I doubt it, after this crop year i feel they will shift a touch farther.

Ate dinner with one of the largest ag bankers in NEA tonight, he said most producers are already broke and dont know it. This rice price has killed the locals, we have a giant crop planted, and currently 4.30 cash? Not every bushel will go through a bin, most hauled off will cost .80 a bushel i feel? Milo hamilton says $20 a CWT and I pray we see it, for everyone invovled, I dont have a stalk of rice this year.

Heat during polination is scary right now, tonight is miserable outside, and this rice is dead in the middle of heading. What are your thoughts?

But to answer your question, yes those counties have always had cheaper land. Last appraisals i got out of Greene Co were 6k an acre, for best of the best, however in 2012 land nearby brought right at 8k.

Edited by Justin ArkMo 7/21/2016 22:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)