AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New TV Opinions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Hayburner
Posted 12/17/2008 01:06 (#537150 - in reply to #536686)
Subject: Re: New TV Opinions

I bought a 46" Phillips LCD with 100,000:1 ratio some time ago at Wal-Mart and really like it. 1080i which is 1080 lines interlaced. P stands for progressive scan. 1080 is better resolution than 720, but you need the equipment to run it. Go to Wal-Mart and look at their display, and compare the ones they have (LCD and Plasma), the different resolutions, and look at one that may be hooked up to a Blu-ray DVD player. The HD picture from Blu-ray is pretty incredible. As for LCD or Plasma, Plasma is supposed to use more energy and run hotter than an LCD. I believe they may not last as long as an LCD. The picture on my LCD is great. As for the extra channels cluttering up the guide, you should set up your favorites list with only the channels you want in your list. Cuts down on the clutter. With a nice TV like you want, you should also consider a surround sound system. Watching a movie (or about anything else) without it just gets irritating because you realize how much more sound there is. It's so much better than the tinny sound of a simple TV speaker.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)