AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pics from our farm for 2008-may not be dial-up friendly
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

95h
Posted 12/14/2008 21:03 (#534672 - in reply to #534371)
Subject: RE: Pics from our farm for 2008-may not be dial-up friendly

Kittitas Co. Wa. State

Great Pics Scott !   (they do load slow for us dial-up guys, but well worth the wait)

Just a couple of questions. What is the grass in pic "big M-2" ?  It looks like maybe some sort of blue grass ??  (judging by the seed head for as well as I can see them anyway)  

Out here it would be considered a field of weeds,, wouldn't even be worth the fuel to cut the stuff. Just find it odd,, if I grew that stuff I couldn't give it away,, but you're obviously making money growing the same stuff !!

2nd question,, Why does the arm on the loader work off the right side of the truck?? Looks like that would be kinda tricky hitting just the right spot to swing the arm out to snatch up the hay bale ??  Wouldn't it be easier seeing the bale and running the arm if it were on the left side so the driver could see the arm better ??

Rats 3rd question, How do you deal with the compaction from the bale retreiver truck running across the field?  As a W.A.G. the retriever truck has about 10 ton of hay on plus the tare weight on the truck ?

In my specific area we have ditches ever 34 inches or so,, and after a few cuttings of Timothy we (farmers in my area) wind up with almost "roads" in spots in the fields. The ground is so compacted it's like cement and the timothy is always kinda "stunted" from being run over so much. It's usually the worst at the bottom or "end" of the fields. Thou there always seems to be that "sweet spot" across the field to the road which gets beat down pretty hard too.  (realize you haven't had to deal with the "joy n' thrill" of ditches across the fields.  Guess mother nature likes the east more so rains more often??)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)