AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MS Money vs Quickbooks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 12/4/2008 09:42 (#523461 - in reply to #522986)
Subject: RE: MS Money vs Quickbooks

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

I do my farm records with Perception accounting from Redwing.  I do bookkeeping as treasurer for two local government bodies, one on Money, one on Quick books.

I like Quick books best, would convert the other government body to Quick books, but hate to lose the history Money gives me, I started that program several years ago when I didn't know any better.

RedWing has several updates now for Perception, I wouldn't use that now if I was just starting, but those accounting programs geared for the farm do much better in tracking inventory than Money or Quickbooks.

Money is geared toward household accounts, has a lot of fluff that means nothing to me, Quickbooks is much more professional and gives better reports for non-farm bookkeeping.

I looked into quicken, it is much like MS Money.

I hear a lot about several other good farm accounting programs, but don't have experience with them, so I cannot offer an opinion.  From what I have seen, several are very good, and probably would be better for farm use.  Those dedicated farm programs are often so complicated, they have a steep learning curve, but once over the curve do offer much more than a straight bookkeeping program like Quickbooks or Money.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)