AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

fit bits
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/3/2016 10:27 (#5007276 - in reply to #5007254)
Subject: RE: fit bits

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Reading these reminded me of something that was pointed out while I was in Cardio Rehab that I went through after a recent heart attack. They made a big distinction between activity and exercise.

From the heart standpoint they indicated that being busy and active all day is certainly good but is not the same as exercise. For the heart a person needs a period of time where the heart rate is accelerated. In their definition a person could be busy all day and not get what they think of as exercise.

With their program they had us on Cardio machines for two 15 minute periods followed by another 10 minute period without a break in between. This type of activity needs to be repeated at least 5 times a week. Stopping for two weeks reduces the heart level to its former state.

Now that I've graduated from the Rehab program, I try to follow this routine at the local fitness center. I'm planning on a short trip this winter and need to discipline myself to keep up the routine when away from home.

This is not to imply that there is anything wrong with the fitbit concept but I'm not sure how valuable it would be for me. It might encourage me that I change more of my ways but then again probably not.

Edited by tedbear 1/3/2016 10:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)