AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Decking out a planter with precision gear cost???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

easymoney
Posted 5/18/2015 06:58 (#4577219 - in reply to #4576388)
Subject: RE: Thud your thoughts?

ecmn
AVP_Matt - 5/17/2015 19:31

He'd be getting a lot more than better singulation with that $ 73k. IIRC the OP didn't ask for your opinion on what he should get. Pretty sure he was strictly asking for a ballpark figure.

IIRC then you better go back to every poster on this topic that is telling him its a lot of money, or planter faster is not helping the quality of the stand.

its ok go give your PP stuff a big hug and remind yourself its all good.

this is a forum for discussion. he asked about prices and I gave my opinion on prices or more so the lack of value of the dollar being spent.

deere, raven, agleader all make a better monitor then the 20/20.

ASM on a deere planter and an operator who is willing to correct issues showing up will get very good stand without spending big money.

like I said on $3 corn you need to watch your spending, but on 100$ seed costs a guy can save some money by improving things. cant imagine a 24 row without row clutches? that would be the biggest return on the dollar.

by the way I have v set meters on my planter and I like them. but if I had a new planter of any color there is no way I would spend the money on aftermarket meters. don't see it ever paying back.

by dropping the mph a little to get better stand then you are getting paid to drive slower. maybe don't try to farm the county and do a better job with less.

Edited by easymoney 5/18/2015 07:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)