AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bean seed by the count
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 8/10/2008 15:02 (#432358 - in reply to #432257)
Subject: Re: Bean seed by the count...would that be me??

Chebanse, IL.....

You're saying your beans from 10 yrs ago (we're talking beans in this thread, I believe) were not as good as the beans you've had from '07-08? RRSB?

I don't speak for everyone, but many of us in this area (NE IL...I have NO idea where you are) don't feel we've seen much of an increase in bean peformance. We've seen an increase in price, yes (both seed & commercial), but certainly not the performance jumps of corn. I suspect that ho-hum performance of beans has much to do w/the switch from bean acres to corn acres in the recent couple of yrs. In previous years we were told the price increases were neede to pay for the glyphosate research. Is that bill not yet paid?

Re. comments "out in left field", comments, criticisms, or testimonials should always be suspect by everyone when you read them, whether in print ads, radio, or in posts on internet websites. I personally find them less suspect when the poster gives a name/address. For that reason, I suspect your comments....there is a certain amount of "firewall" you've placed between yourself & b&wh facts. Perhaps we know each other-perhaps we'll talk at a seed meeting. But, if we're all totally amibiguous, we'll never know, will we...or at least I won't.

I'm betting not as many take information here as gospel perhaps as much as you think. Now, one would hope that any information would cause a reader to further research it as much as possible in other methods, i.e. personal contacts, phone calls, etc. But then again, have you not read anything on the internet that sounded new & far out, & then a short time later it's public knowledge? It happens.

Also...again, you're saying our beans on our farm should be about $8.50/50# more for '09....is that right?

Edited by Ron..NE ILL..10/48 8/10/2008 15:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)