AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Aireal applicators
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

farmerbroun
Posted 8/8/2008 15:02 (#431140)
Subject: Aireal applicators

A lot of crops being sprayed here in the last few days. Neighbors field was sprayed next to our feedlot. I was not there at the time. Family member said plane looked to be lower than our silo. ( sixty foot ) Smell was strong that evening. Smell is not a problem, as far as I know. Physical drift is. What I want to know is, why did they have to turn directly over our feedlot, full of fat cattle ? Could not tell that the cattle got spooked, or hurt, but I can only hope no drift got to feed bunks, or directly on them. Maybe the pilot observed they were ok. Maybe.

Then a couple days later, family members car actually got hit with spray. Plane was approaching field, crossing state highway, with power lines on target field side of road. Turned spray on as he crossed the road, and they had to turn windshield wipers on to clear spray off. Why not go in the opposite direction so as not to cross the highway ? There is a house on one side of this field. Maybe that's why they crossed the highway. If that's the reason, ya better be %#@! sure to only hit the target, even if you miss the edge of the field.

Still have to talk to local retailers, and see who hired who to spray what.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)