AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Couple Haying Pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

HAYBOY1
Posted 7/26/2008 16:30 (#422443 - in reply to #422055)
Subject: RE: Couple Haying Pics

western Massachusetts
The front wagon is 9'6"x 20' holds roughly 225 kicked in loose or up to 325 stacked, but most of our wagons are 9x18 or 8'6"x16'. Would love to change over to the accumalator setup sometime soon. Limited funds like usual... I am kind of in the same boat as you are though, thinking about a new barn and an easier way to do things. I use a NH 315 with a belt thrower, and a 316 with a pan kicker. The pan takes a little getting used to, but its not as bad as everyone says. JD perfected it a little more from what I can see. Nolt's tire out in Seneca Falls I believe, had some pretty decent deals on running gears when I was there a while back. I do not know what his prices are, but they were better than most. I priced the Steffen system and with everything, it was near 20k. Lot of money to move hay, but in the long run???? Probably worth every penny. I have a guy near me that runs the Kuhns system seems to like it, seems like an awful push for that plunger though, and I know a guy that just bought the Neimeyer system, seems to like it, although I do not like the idea of dragging my premium hay along the ground.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)