AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Giant sucking sound... China is taking EVERYTHING.. including beans.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 11/10/2014 14:30 (#4169880 - in reply to #4169822)
Subject: power of the world lies in the farmland not aircraft carriers....

East Central South Dakota
I agree the regulations are becoming burdensome. However, the environmental movement was much needed when it was based on science. We only have one environment to live in. The problem in my opinion is now the movement is based upon political ideology which is equally dangerous. (climate change) This "politicizing the environment" is why two of the founders of Green Peace have left the movement---because it is no longer science based. Seems we can't maintain balance.

I consider myself an active environmentalist, but NOT an environmental activist. Big difference in the two.

I am friends with Dr. Dunn from SDSU, he keeps reiterating the one thing that stands out in his recent trip to China, was the amount of severe environmental damage from pollution. This is one of the many reasons why I am bullish on consumption of goods from China.

THOUGHT FOR A SNOWY CRAP DAY---------What happens if China raises their middle class to 1.2 billion people from 300 million and because of weather combined with environmental damage from pollution can't provide the essential goods of diet that these people have built into their consumptive lifestyle ? ? ? For the sake of governmental stability and civility they would probably go into the world market and buy those goods and they WILL NOT look at the price tag of preventing a civil war.

Power of the world lies in farmland and access to world markets not aircraft carriers. Food on sale in the USA, come get some while the shelves are over flowing.....

EDIT... the military is a very close second to agriculture for power and if you know someone who has served say thank you tomorrow. And if you have served yourself, I just want to say THANK YOU a day early. Nice feeling to go to bed at night and feel safe. Thank you veterans.

Edited by white shadow 11/10/2014 14:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)