AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

lepto vibrio vac
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

denice.r
Posted 10/27/2014 06:47 (#4146792 - in reply to #4146053)
Subject: RE: lepto vibrio vac

south east Indiana
Puff I am not saying that a vet is the only place or even the cheapest place to get supplies but there are Benefits to getting them from the vet or at least working on a vaccine program with them. That way they know about the cattle before they ever get there.
Many large animal vets will bring vaccines ect out to the country with them when they go on large animal calls and drop them off if going past or at a local country grocery store ect. Usually they are easy to work with if you ask.

I am saying I would get vaccines Most other places than Tractor Supply ect. The folks that work in these farm stores don't know which end of the cow to feed much less about vaccines. I was in a tractor supply this spring and a woman asked for a parvo vaccine for her cat. The clerk was getting it out of the fridge for her. That is fine except if you give that to a cat you will have a DEAD cat, the vaccine is for dogs - not cats- cats do not get parvo. I stopped her and explained to both of them and suggested she get her cat vaccinated by a vet.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)