AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Investing in a chicken barn?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

JoshuaGA
Posted 10/16/2014 20:51 (#4130681 - in reply to #4129091)
Subject: RE: Investing in a chicken barn?

Sumner GA, Located in southwest GA,
If this is to justify a full time man, I would think of another plan. If you need hired help August through December, you will still need help August through December, workload wont change with the seasons. BTDT, life will revolve around the chickens. If there is only one intergrator in the area, you need to think hard about it. If you do build, make sure you can build in such a way you can section off your houses and sell the land they sit on without affecting your operation. You are going to be subject to the whims of your intergrator, if you aren't willing to kiss @$$ you are in for a short and painful road. We are in transition to another intergrator right now after a few too many straws broke the camels back, company we are going with right now seems excited to have us and wanting to help us, time will tell, small family operation. Chickens are good for making a living, but they wont make a life if that is what you desire, building and equipment costs have seen to that around here. I am not going to knock it because it does serve some goals, but I don't think it will do what you want it to do with what you have described here.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)