AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How would you respond to this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Irrigate NE
Posted 8/20/2014 07:22 (#4028015 - in reply to #4027964)
Subject: RE: How would you respond to this?

South Central NE
pknoeber,
These statistics are snapshots of groups of people in time. They are not about individuals.
I agree that modern medicine is keeping people alive much longer than what they normally would be. I take BP medicine, so I get that. But, isn't that what they are supposed to be doing? So then the question becomes one of quality of life. My Dad is 91 and he still enjoys life but there are things he cannot do. My M-I-Law is 96 and there are a lot of things she cannot do. But they both are happy and do enjoy their lives. When we talk about life quality it becomes a discussion of attitude very quickly. I would tell you that those 2 people have a far better attitude than some 20 yr old sitting in his parent's basement playing video games.
I know that the "Grand Generation" was a very tough group and a very determined group as well. But, I suspect you will be too! Your life challenges will be different than theirs. You will be smarter and tougher in ways your Grandpa could only dream of. I am 64, so not that much different than your grandfather. I know I am not as tough now as I was 20 yr ago... but I am a whole lot smarter. My workload has changed because I have decided to change it and I can change it. And I am very healthy. somewhat because of modern medicine. I think of it something like cars. Would you continue to drive a Model T when you could have a '14 Corvette? Not a chance! I have road in a Model T and I was not impressed. But, a Corvette on the other hand...
God has blessed us with modern medicine and I will use it. I doubt that you and I disagree all that much... maybe on perspective... Thank-you
By the way I love your tagline:
Favorite quote of all time: "My IQ is tied directly to my rainfall."

Edited by Irrigate NE 8/20/2014 07:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)