AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sounds like a bad deal in titonka iowa.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iahawkeye
Posted 6/8/2014 17:50 (#3908328 - in reply to #3908228)
Subject: RE: We used to haul more than 10K ton of turkey/chicken litter each year....

Central Iowa
NorthIowa- that would mean increasing the costs to the producers with older facilities that are not set up to hold that much litter. It would require a massive investment to set up a large concrete pad and a facility to house that much litter. That translates to higher costs to produce the food I was referring to. This wouldn't have been as big of a problem had the manure been spread as planned this spring, rain happens. If you're a row crop farmer, you should be happy to feed all those chickens that created that pile of litter. How much money would have to be spent for all the facilities in Iowa to do as you say? I would guess several billions of dollars paid by the farmers who raise poultry....."not in my backyard." Right? Even farmers are divided on this stuff, which really worries me for the future of regulations being brought down by Uncle Sam. FYI- I do not raise poultry or livestock, just a row crop farmer who appreciates our customers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)