AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drone invading someone's privacy.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 5/15/2014 13:37 (#3871836 - in reply to #3871758)
Subject: RE: Drone invading someone's privacy.

southern MN
That's funny.

I suspect its a neighbor within a couple miles, probably a mile, and got the drone and is bored, looking for stuff to do with it. Doesn't realize it seems creepy to be following the neighbor, as no harm is intended or considered. Just out site seeing, like neighbors driving down the road. This place is close enough, and has something moving to watch.

Of course the possibility is it can be much more than that, and it would be bothersome to me as well. Kinda neat to see one go over and if I know a neighbor has one I'd wave at the dude. One hovering over me spying and I don't know who or why I'd be troubled too.

Gonna depend which side of the camera one is on as to how this is viewed. And the age of the person at the controls. It will become a big deal as more sales are made, and the technology of the drones matures.

There are many different rules the FAA has on different types of aircraft, any one rule we find can be countered by another set of rules that may apply and contradict the first rule quoted. The short answer is these drones have appeared before FAA has set up any sort of regulation on them. They have rules for hobby remote planes, and rules for business planes, and rules for manned planes, but these types of camera drones don't really fit into any of the rules currently on the books.

Is a farmer flying over his own fields business or hobby?

There are 400 and 500 foot designations, but they were not written with a drone in mind, so just don't fit.

We get into non-FAA regulations about trespass and spying and so forth. Again nothing on the books that really fits, they set up rules for manned choppers and such, this is all new ground.

Then we get into govt use of the drones. When the county does property tax inspections, and wetlands inspections, what set of rules do they have to follow, if any? Both FAA and privacy related.

Its a whole new world.

The FAA is working on the first draft, think next May or so is when they hope to have so etching on the books?

The Internet has opened us up to a whole world of info and access, as well as a whole new world of crooks, scams, and theft. Who even heard of identity theft before the Internet and mass electronic databases?

Drones is the next new thing.

Paul

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)