AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cow-Calf vs Row Crop Profit
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

supercub
Posted 4/7/2014 13:32 (#3802428 - in reply to #3801811)
Subject: RE: Cow-Calf vs Row Crop Profit

SC Montana where General Custer should've stopped

TM rand  the value of these 15 acres I use per cow is around $250-$300/acre.  Using your math and figuring I only make $33/ acre is not a good comparison.   I bought 1,080 acres two years ago for $231/ acre and it is probably in the 12 acre/pair/summer pasture land with water.  Point is if you made $33/acre on land that is worth $7,500-$12,000/ acre you would have a major wreck goin on.  Honestly if my profits on cattle are realized I will use them to make payments on land, machinery and operating note.  I pray I don't get wacked with a freak storm like South Dakota got.  I for the record also donated some bred heifers this winter that went to SD to help someone in dire need of cattle replacement, and I felt very good about it.  I am in the heart of grass.  Had guy in yard on Friday wanting to rent me a 1,200 acre pasture across fence from me for $5-6,000 dollars.  He was ready to deal.  I live in a weird spot on earth.  Things are slightly different here.  I rent flood irrigated for $25-55/ acre.  Come up and visit sometime and we go get Coochief and go for a looksy.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)