AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bakken Oil Field Well Production
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 1/21/2014 23:07 (#3624678 - in reply to #3620530)
Subject: Re: Bakken Oil Field Well Production

NCND
I was talking per well in the core area. Gotta understand that the bakken is like a cross section of farm ground. You have different levels of productivity. I don't follow it near as much as I use too but the lake area is where you'll ind highest reserves.

My guess would be many of minerals are owned by state. When Great Depression hit much of land had risen a lot in value. The guy who held in 28 or so usually lost it to land bank. Land bank didnt get rid of land until after the war and there was money abound again. However around 1948 I think usgs started surveying here and thought there was oil here. Land bank didnt sell land till usually around 50-52. Well survey was already complete and the state decided they should keep half minerals and that they did.

Rest of minerals could be had by out of staters or what not. Once upon a time in first boom minerals were traded bought and sold all the time. The pros chopped up many tracks and you see remnants of that today.

Not sure on water cut. Some are better than others. Once again eog in parshall had very low water rates for most part. That's is a tougher one to pin down but maybe 25% may be good guess or so??? It varies.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)