AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bakken Oil Field Well Production
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 1/21/2014 09:55 (#3622222 - in reply to #3620530)
Subject: Re: Bakken Oil Field Well Production

NCND
No dry holes because of no oil. Just drilling screw ups these days in the bakken proper.

Best production either side of big lake 15 miles for simplicity.

Daily output means nothing really it's total reserves that counts. Many saying 700-1000000 barrels per well in the good areas.

Even original parshall wells are doig about 3k a month. Not bad since many are north of 400-600k total already. Do the math. That's good.

I don't know if we will see the 32 wells per spacing unit. That's pretty blue sky stuff. More data needed.

Eog has started infilling in parshall. I know of one well on flow back my guys were hauling. Was doing 4k per day. That's a honker I'd say. That's legit produces not some prorated ip.

Not the norm but there are areas better than others.

Decline curve is around 75% one year out from day out on line. I don't pay as much attention as I use to but that was pretty good rule of thumb. After first year they settle in quite nice. It's all still a mystery. Many models many opinions.

I was down in midland tx last week. Talked to a kid from chevron. They were redoing a well drilled in 1920. Still kicking n out oil 93 years later. One of many reasons Permian basin is the real deal but doesn't recieve hype we do here. Pioneer discovered a a shale there last year between 200-400 feet thick. Results so far good. Reason there is 500 rigs down there.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)