AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Paying off Long Term Loans? Your Thoughts.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tommy
Posted 1/18/2014 17:40 (#3614795 - in reply to #3614243)
Subject: RE: You're completely correct

Iowa
coup - 1/18/2014 11:33

Too much premium in long term rates @ present, low int variable and use it to work in your favor. If a person can't figure out how to use short term rates to their advantage , they probably have no business borrowing money in the first place.

You sure are 100% correct, I have no place borrowing it in the first place. That's why I make double and even triple payments, and get the debt GONE.

Of course, once the debt is retired, and another opportunity presents itself, I'm ready to go again, because I have no business borrowing it in the first place.

You watch 80% of every neighbor leave ag because of variable rates destroying them, as I did in the '80's. and you are REALLY right, I have no business having debt. so after decades and decades of paying things off way, way, early, all I have left is land debt, with payments about 40% of current cash rent levels, and I'm working hard to pay those off, too. Just made 2.5 year's worth of payments on my land, because--you're correct, I have NO BUSINESS borrowing it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)