AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Coop elevator post got me to ask these questions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/10/2014 08:22 (#3591803 - in reply to #3591737)
Subject: we do and we don't

Pittsburg, Kansas

We do get bids. We do not always take the lowest bid, ie. if a regular supplier that has been good to us and helpful we do not sell out for a few pennies. So service is also taken into account along with the price. On the other hand if the price is way different, either our more regular supplier needs to find a new source to buy from or they are not taking our business seriously. If the other guy can make a profit and stay in business at that price, why can't they?

We do NOT pit one buyer against another. Some people like to play that game but what it leads to is playing games. Where you always have to "dicker". I guess if a person has the time to waste and likes to horse trade maybe that is all right. We want their BEST bid to be their first and only bid. This cuts to the quick immediately and saves wasted time for both parties. If a seller comes back and says "why didn't you call me, I would have matched that price", we say, sorry, next time give us our BEST bid the first time and we will consider it.

Keeps them from dicking around trying to probe as much as they can get out of us. It is fair to both sides. They had a fair chance to do business with us. That is all they had a right to ask for. Makes for a much better business relationship in my opinion. Next time around, they give us a good bid to begin with.

John

Edited by John Burns 1/10/2014 08:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)