AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Never bought tractor before, looking - have question on pricing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tim4870
Posted 11/13/2013 11:38 (#3441903 - in reply to #3441773)
Subject: Re: Never bought tractor before, looking - have question on pricing

Southern MN
Sounds like your doing some research already on TractorHouse, that's good. You can also use TractorData if you want to compare raw specs of various tractors. Don't forget to search this forum for the tractor model your considering, that will tell you a fair amount also.

As for dealers, they can be all over the board. I've watched one dealer with a way overpriced sprayer bring it to the local consignment auction a handful of times and each time it goes back to the dealer lot. In another case, I was looking at a White planter at a JD dealer, and the salesman did some number crunching and came back 10% lower than his advertised price without me even starting to negotiate.

In the end, its your money and your in the drivers seat in regards to how to spend it. Take your time, shop around, and spend wisely. My general rule of thumb too is that any used piece of equipment, budget for at least 10% of the purchase price to be immediately put into the equipment to repair it, maintain it, or to bring it up to my specs.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)