AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Never bought tractor before, looking - have question on pricing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 11/13/2013 11:33 (#3441896 - in reply to #3441861)
Subject: Re: Never bought tractor before, looking - have question on pricing

Saronville NE
Prices really do vary, and it pays to shop around, Im gonna quess a very clean 4-5k hr 7810 MFD will run you in the 70s. I never buy anything till it has over 5k hours on it, just getting broke in IMO. 5k hrs is low hours anymore depending on how you use it I quess. I know lots of people who have the same philosophy as the other poster on tractors from livestock farms, and I like going to feedlot sales etc to buy equipment cause so many guys think like that and their are some good deals to be had, a feedlot tractor or something that runs 4-8 hrs a day 365 days a yr, has to be kept up and reliable, they cant have it go down for very long. I just sold a 7810 with 17200 hrs on it, had been a feedlot tractor in its former life, had I spent some money on it yes, had I ever gone into tranny, motor, rearend etc, NO, lots of little stuff but will have that with any tractor, sold it for exactly what I gave for it 5 yrs ago, so the repairs are all it cost me to run that tractor for 5 yrs, if you put what my payment was and the repairs together, I still couldn't of bought a low houred or new tractor for the same money spent out of pocket every yr.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)