AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking about a 1997 7810 2wd- any thoughts or suggestions?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

wffoker
Posted 11/10/2013 16:16 (#3436050 - in reply to #3435314)
Subject: Re: Thinking about a 1997 7810 2wd- any thoughts or suggestions?

Ohio City Ohio
We have 7810 twd, been on feed mixer all its life, but have hauled some manure with it. Also have 46/4850 2 wdr. and 7730 twd, an juist got a 6210R, mfwd. 7810 has 15k hours on it, changed injection pump and injectors years ago before it got to 9k hours. Yes it only runs 18 mph but anybody can drive that power quad, big mechanical motor is a plus in my book, easy to work on yourself, very good torque, especially compared to old 30 series deeres, and brand new 6210R. I have not had any issues with ride quality on any of our tractors once I figure out weight split needed. Any tractor will rock from side to side if tires are cold thus they have flat spots form sitting. our 6210 mfwd hops and bucks a lot more than our 2wdr tractors.
there is nothing to be afraid of that 7810 if you do your inspection and can figure out if the hours are correct, price on 7810 would vary greatly depending on option like suggested before. 26 mph trans will bring way more than 18 mph, but if you are used to 18 with 4450 it might not be big deal. 2wd would be cheaper than mfwd obviously, and conditions of general tractor, and condition of tires will be a couple other points that really work on the price.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)