AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MK Farm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 9/10/2013 21:34 (#3320716)
Subject: MK Farm

Buxton ND
To answer your question,yes I'm pretty bearish,cant say that has changed much since my first post on corn. Not comfortable telling anyone to store or sell at current prices. I will say I'm hearing though. This will differ from some talk in here

You dont hear alot in NAT but there's some really good yields out east "knock your socks off yield" Very good yields in what a call Dixieland corn. I talked with 2 gentlemen today in the grain business that I trust. One being a older grain buyer which I've known for years and find out knows Ray though corn end of things. The other my market guy,both of which I trust NOT to feed me a line of BS,they confirm my thinking of the corn market. This older corn buyer has been in the biz for years and had the same thinking as me on the 2012 crop........That thinking was different then most so I guess you can call me the Norweigin odd ball ! ! ! ! ! These 2 guys have like 60 experience in the grain business and have ALOTTTT my experience then I so I value there opinion.............

Another one I heard today though Big Iron in Fargo ND,kinda a local/regional seed dealer type of guy which is not talking down yields near as much as he was 2-3 weeks ago.....Until proven WRONG I will stick with "its hard to kill a crop crop in August"/ Labor Day weekend ,which is something that's been backed up by many years of corn crops. Point in case is last year,,, MANY were surprised with corn yields once the combines hit the field,,, from what they were expecting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to include Jerry Gulkie......

My thinking has been for months there's "more corn in the bins then thought" confirmed by my local grain guy,its NOT in local elevators,(they WILL NOT SIT CORN with the huge inverse we had and the basis cliff which has been pretty much proven correct,,,its on farm.................... Grain elevator mangers would lost there's jobs sitting on corn in a year like this................................... A year/summer like this,,,will be used as referee point in marketing til after I'm dead...........

Then there's the report.................. way to tired to start with that,but my thoughts have been clear,when the fat lady sings at the end of the 2012-13 marketing year,,, I expect a 1 bb carry over. Been thinking I should drop that to .850-900 but will stand firm on 1 bb
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)