AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CAT 3406 Won't Stay Running!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 9/10/2013 07:07 (#3319209 - in reply to #3319186)
Subject: Re: CAT 3406 Won't Stay Running!

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

rollig - 9/10/2013 06:57 Thanks for all the replies guys, I just had time to skim it and I have to run to a meeting(damn work getting in the way) but what you are saying makes sense. Yes it is a Ford truck. No there is not a kill button, just turn the key back to the off position and it will stop the engine. We did notice that when it was running turning the key to the off position did not kill the engine, it had to die on its own.

That will always happen IF the truck's air system hasn't built up enough air pressure (even with a perfectly good, normal operating truck/engine) Just the nature of that design = must have air to shutoff.

That is one disadvantage, of that design too = if something went wrong, right at engine "start-up" and you wanted to shutoff the engine, with the key quickly = it won't do it, because not enough air pressure has built up yet. 

Many old trucks, get an additional lever (from CAT) to mount on that little shaft (visegrip area, that I mentioned). That gives a person a quick way to manually shutoff an engine.        

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)