AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to tile
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 8/3/2013 09:14 (#3245280 - in reply to #3232204)
Subject: Re: How to tile

NCND
We have started to do some tiling here in an area where there is zero so we are basically learning our way thru it as a guy just can't call up someone and find out what they'd do as there is no one here.

It's not tough as much as I find it time consuming. We are working on some pp ground and we have stayed wet so we haven't been able to just dig a bunch of start holes and go as they all fill with water. Then the tie in inclvolves a pipe running hard to which makes it tough also.

My advice is to get a power feeder as it helps a lot and a guy doesn't have to constantly feed tile just be close by. A good sharp 12" kitchen knife we have found works best for junctions. I use it to filet the dirt where t pivots down if the lateral start is a bit high. Get some of those anti cut gloves for 4$. Keeps your knuckles from getting cut all the time.

Practice makes perfect. We get goig good when we can work a few days in a row. Rain has kept us out a lot so the backhoe man he's rusty ect. It's kinda like golf somedays you have it somedays you don't. Yesterday we didnt have it as it took forever to pull in about 5k of 6". We got it done and when we knocked off at 9 last night that new pipe was spewing big time whih makes it worth it.

Efficiency is killed when we have to tile small depressions(200-500') but some one is going to have to do it I guess and might as well be us.

Dennis I gotta stop and see your project. Still running water or have you dried out?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)