AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planter fert setup question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 4/27/2013 19:39 (#3066544 - in reply to #3066090)
Subject: Re: Planter fert setup question

Oldabe, you really had me scratchin my thinker here, I checked my parts and predelivery manuals I have, and found out that there should be a gray orifice in the LH tank ( standing behind planter ) a white one in the RH tank and a Yellow on in the center.
This was for a pre to 1994 planter with squeeze pump. FYI they even made a black orifice for the 4th tank on a 8 row.....On the 1994 and up planters, they did away with them, which now I remember, I took a bunch of those things out, and left them out on the early 7200's with liquid, what I did for a few customers was put valves on each tank, and then they could throttle them the way they wanted.....this worked pretty good. The biggest help I found was installing 1 1/4 or better yet 1 1/2" plumbing, they seem to fill more evenly and empty more evenly too.....for you other guys reading, it does not always work on the 12 and 16 rows, it kinda depends how you route your crossover hose, but it usually is a heck of a lot better than the factory setup. I think this is part of the reasoning for the newer planters to have the single tank setup. Also if you do not strain your 28%, those orifices will / can do it for you in a negative way.....
Bottom line, I would try it without the orifices, but don't throw them out in case you want to go back to them...but I think you'll be happier with them out. my 2 cents...GOOD LUCK !!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)