AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kenworth w900L / W900B
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ol'Scool
Posted 4/27/2013 15:03 (#3066175 - in reply to #3066044)
Subject: Re: Kenworth w900L / W900B

thanks again durallymax!
ya, that makes perfect sense to me as well,

nobody that works for any of our local Kenworth dealerships really know much about model history, or to be honest history or model info in general (they sell or work on trucks, and can pull up info about the truck if you have the last seven of the vin, but in terms of knowing much more than that, notta)

please correct any of this that may be wrong as I am just stating what i currently THINK is correct, yet any or all of it could be completely wrong
you may know what i dont and I would love your input for future reference

*T600B is same as T600 but with the newer hood "distinguishable" with the fiberglass and center bar instead of the flat chrome front with traditional bar

*T800B is pretty much the same as original T800 but with updated interior refinement

*T800H is a T800 (set back front axle) with a W900 style "High" (hence the "H") hood (otherwise known as "Michigan Specials"most of these were sold to Michigan or there abouts to pull Michigan trains or to coal country and seemingly used the higher hood to make room for a larger radiator but were distinguished from W900's because they had the T800 set back axle)

*T800W is a T800 with a "Wide"(hence the "W") hood. They have a much wider grill and the single square headlights and where sold mostly for heavy haul and big payload configurations (also seemingly having a wider hood and grill to make room for a larger radiator but without looking as goofy or affecting visibility like the T800H)

*W900S is a set forward front axle (hence the W900) but with a "Slant" or "Sloped" ("S") hood. They are seeming what could be called the same thing as a T800 set-forward front axle but thats not how kenworth chose to distinguish them (they stuck to W900 meaning set forward axle, and T800 meaning set back axle even if engine placement and all other configurations are similar) and these W900S trucks are almost always sold to fit straight truck applications where a maximum bridge length is required, like cement mixers or super dumps, but a slanted front hood with better visibility is preferred, and almost all of them roll out of the factory with 18k+ front axles and wide base 385/425 floats)

*I don't know what a T800SH is,
is it a high hood as well??

Thanks Again!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)