AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Power to cyclo planter marker control box?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

redhunter
Posted 4/25/2013 17:41 (#3062774)
Subject: Power to cyclo planter marker control box?

Owensville, MO
got tired of screwing with the factory electronics so I got rid of the hydraulic controls crap under the hopper and plumbed in the lift cylinders direct to outlets on the tractor. Also plumbed the markers to a second outlet to run them separate from the lift cylinders. I retained the factory solenoid valves to switch the markers side to side. wired up a 3 positions switch in the cab to manually switch the valves left to right. I tried everything with temporary connections to make sure it worked as I wanted and everything is great. Now I'm wiring everthing in nice and neat and I can't decide if I shoud wire the switch hot with a constant power from battery( through a relay of course) or should I get power from an ignition powered relay so that the switch is only powered when the key is on?
How many amps will those planter solenoids pull? I'm leaning toward powering from the key but don't want to overpower my ignition wires. There is a ignition powered relay under the steering column that would work really well to pull from. It has my air ride seat wired to it. If I knew how many amps those valves pull I would be able to make sure my system is fuse protected.

This is on a 3688 IH tractor.

Thanks

Joe

Edited by redhunter 4/25/2013 17:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)